The site dates from the late Neolithic-early Bronze Age (approx. 2500-1500 BC) and consists of a slightly-flattened circle of 19 stones, ranging in height from 0.8m (21⁄2ft) to 1.5m (5ft). A number of stones have fallen over the years and been re-erected again, and there are also a number of other stones lying about. There was originally a second circle in the adjoining field to the west, some stones from which can be found in the hedge. There may also have been a third circle in the same alignment a few yards further west (identified from crop markings) but equally this may have been the remains of a cairn (burial) circle.