The site dates from the late Neolithic-early Bronze Age (approx. 2500-1500 BC) and consists of a circle of 19 stones, standing slightly below a ridge of the sloping field. First recorded in the 18th Century, with two stones lying down, the site was completely restored by 1879. The stones are equally spaced, except for a gap in the NE side, which was probably the entrance. The stones vary in height between 0.9m & 1.4 m (3 to 4.5ft) tall, and are graded so that the tallest ones are to the SW and the shortest to the NE.